The Genre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Genre

A world where music holds more power then anyone can imagine. Few hold the power to control it.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Day at the Park

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Zoey and Breeya walked through town, it was a gorgeous evening. The girls left the Opera house as the sun was beginning to set. The sky was a seamless wash of purples, blues, reds and oranges. "Red sky's at night, Sailor's delight, and mine as well." Zoey smiled at her sister. The two were going on a little adventure to Zoey's old neighborhood, to the park by her house to be more specific. Zoey hadn't been there since she ran away from her empty house a few years ago. Zoey played there all the time while she was growing up. Even when she was a little too old to be there. The park had brought much joy to her and she wanted to share the joy with her sister.

"You're going to love this place." Zoey said cheerfully to Breeya. "And the Widow is gonna make it even more fun." Zoey swung her guitar around and played a little melody as they walked. Nothing happened cause she was just playing to play, but she had to be careful of what she though otherwise something seemingly unexpected could happen.
Back to top Go down
https://facethemusic.forumotion.com
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:58 pm

"Where are we going sis?" Breeya asked cheerfully, her voice filled with excited anxiousness. She wore her coat as usual, masking most of her face and body. Sometimes, she grew tired of living her life in hiding. Was she wrong about what she thought people might think about her? That didn't much matter now, as they walked along, Breeya's ears twitching and thoroughly enjoying the melody Zoey was playing. It was relaxed her as they walked and soon, she began humming, her head nodding back and forth with the rythm.

Oddly enough, she had never been near this part of Zoeys neighborhood. What could her sister have up her sleeve? She knew one thing was for sure, at least Vincent didn't drag along, though he had become more tolerable lately when he did show himself.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Zoey and Breeya walked up to a fenced in playground with a swing set, jungle gym, big climbing tree, and a merry go round. Zoey focused on the gate at the fence and opened it as the girls walked up, she then closed it after they walked through. Zoey went and climbed on the merry go round and sat on the bar, waiting for her sister to climb on. "It's safe don't worry." Zoey assured her sister.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Breeya approached the strange new contraption with caution, using her tail to give it a couple good tap for sturdiness. Satisfied, she hopped onto one of the bars and tilted her head to look at Zoey curiously. "What does it do?" They stood still for a moment an she wondered what was so great about this non-moving.... Thing.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:35 pm

"Do me a favor, wrap your tails around the bars." Zoey warned her sister. "Don't want you to fly off." Zoey started to play a little louder and focused on the merry go round and made it start to turn. She kept it turning slowly till Breeya was used to it.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 pm

"Okay?" Breeya said, almost half-heatedly as her tails wrapped around the center bar. At first her eyes opened wide in bewilderment as the spin round and round. But soon she relaxed and her nervousness was eased. Giggling, she beckoned her sister to go faster with a wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:49 pm

At Breeya's command Zoey started to play faster and making the merry go round turn faster. Soon they were spinning so fast Zoey lifted off and fell in the sand next to the ride. Dazed and confused as to what happen Zoey laid in the sand. Slowly the merry go round started to slow as Zoey had stopped controlling it. It was up to physics to stop it now. Zoey sat up slowly and then laid back down. "Ugh... Can't see... World spinning.. Uffh." Zoey watched the birdies float around her head.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 pm

"Are kidding!!!" Breeya giggle from her spot on the merry-go-round and did a graceful flip off of it. She didnt feel dizzy at all. "Can't we go again? Pleaasasseeeee sis?" Breeya begged, her tail twitching back and forth happily as she looked at her sister with glowing yellow, golden eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Zoey was still dizzy but she tried to get up. She steadied herself, took a few steps and fell flat on her face. "Umm maybe once my equilibrium is equal again. Lets go climb the tree." Zoey tried to stand again, and slowly walked to the tree. She jumped up and grabbed a branch and pulled herself up and into the tree.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 pm

"Hehe, okay!! I can do that!" Breeya grinned and jumped ahead of her sister, jumping up to the first branch, and than to the next and the next. The catgirl took off her coat and grabbed the very highest branch. There was just enough room for her to hang upside down. She looked down at her sister and waved, but was somewhat distressed when we dress started to fall back in her face.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:09 am

Zoey climbed up a few more branches and laid on the one beneath Breeya. "I hope you remembered to wear undies." Zoey giggled at her sister's misfortune. "She reached up and tickled her sisters tummy. She grabbed the Widow and started to play another sweet melody like the one she played while they walked over.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:28 am

"Neehhh.... I never do really." Breeya giggled and let herself drop down and catch herself on the branch Zoey was in. She pulled herself up and smiled. "Did you come here a lot?"
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:50 am

"Yeah I did. I would sneak out when Dad made me mad some nights and just lay in this tree. He'd always come find me though. Otherwise I always played here. Everyday no matter the season." Zoey flipped over and pointed at a bench. "See that bench over there? Had my first concert there. It was hard to keep from making anything move while I played, but everyone loved it. Some days I would just lay on the merry go round and play and make it go round and round really slowly, and no one knew I was the one moving it. Haha makes me wonder sometimes how they didn't, I was the only one of the thing, no breeze, laying down, and only playing the guitar. The thing never stopped spinning, no one pushing it." Zoey thought back to when she was a child.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:03 am

"Hmm...it sounds like fun..." Breeya thought. Zoey had memories here. Good memories here. But the young catgirl had never experienced things like this. The Opera House had always been her domain and that was where she was meant to stay for eternity. She didn't go play at parks or have friends or go to carnivals and she didn't even have her biological parents. But she never let that get to her, or at least show that it bothered her. Instead she played it off with a grin. "Maybe you should come back and give them another concert one day."
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:21 am

"Haha only if you sing." Zoey smiled at the idea. "We should do things at the Opera. You know? Just for fun. Perform little concerts. You don't even have to wear your coat. We can conjure our phantoms and really put on a nice show." Zoey looked off in the distance and thought about the show. "We could call it a show of wonders. Like nothing you have ever seen before. Wonders that will blow your mind, and touch your soul. It would be amazing."
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:31 am

"I suppose we could. I never really thought of doing that honestly... It's been years since there was a performance of any kind at the Opera House... But I'm on if you're in." Breeya said with a warm smile. It would be amazing indeed. And Breeya had just the resources to put something like this together. "Zoey... There at children out there with no parents to feed them and barely surviving and families to... I would like to have a concert and than perhaps feed them.. I was never as unfortunate when I was young but.... I don't want there to be children out there hungry and cold. What do you think? Maybe..." She considered at last coming out of her hiding but stopped suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:05 am

"What if we used the concert to raise funds to build a homeless shelter in town, and whatever funds we raise at the show we'll match, not with money but with the location and the building and everything. Dad owned a lot of property that is just sitting now. We can use one of them for the shelter. I'm sure we could find people to run it." Zoey suggested.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:12 am

"That could work... I wonder I'd Christy would mind spreading the word... I guess I could probably turn on the generator and set it up nice." Breeya smiled. It was the perfect idea and perfect solution. For some reason, no one ever took these people's situations to heart anymore. It made her sad..
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:21 am

"I'm sure he would. It will be a great show." Zoey smiled at her sister. "Lets head back and start preping for it." Zoey jumped outta the tree and landed on her feet, squating as she hit the ground to not hurt her knees. "C'mon sis. Don't worry about your coat."
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Breeya looked up at her coat and than down at Zoey reluctantly. How could she ever leave her coat? Of course she had many others but..... It was her comfort blanket. With a large sigh, she hopped down and landed nimbly by Zoey. "come on than, we have much work to do." The catgirl said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Zoey looked at her sister. "Well bring your coat. I meant don't worry about putting it on, silly. It's to dark for anyone to notice it plus we are not walking." Zoey winked at her sister and started to play. She brought the coat down from the tree and handed it to Breeya, then focused on her sister, and herself and sent them both soaring above the city. It was a beautiful night for a float. The sun had gone completely down and half the town was a sleep. Not much was going on that night, especially since the Warehouse collapsed. Zoey wondered where everyone had moved to. Zoey tried to keep focus as the girls soared. Didn't want another close call like the one with the couch.

Zoey looked over at her sister and wondered if she was enjoying the flight.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Breeya looked around with her coat in hand, holding it tight. They were flying... High. This wasn't the first time but... Breeya looked down at the ground almost longingly. Cats, after all, enjoyed having two feet off the ground. Like anything else though, she grew to enjoy it and analyzed all that was around them, trusting her sister not to make anymore close calls.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Zoey flew her sister and herself to a small field behind a small ice cream shop that Zoey loved. Everything was homemade, and they had all sorts of funky flavors, even one Breeya would much enjoy. Zoey walked in, and like she had thought, her and Breeya were the only customers. Zoey walked up to the counter.

"Hey Frank!! Long time no see!" Zoey smiled at the old man behind the counter. He lite up at the sound of her voice.
"Zoey is that you?" Frank asked focusing on Zoey as she walked up closer.
"Yeah it's me. Your glasses are on your head." Zoey hopped over the counter and helped the old man. Mr. Frank was truly a test of time. He was in his late 60's and still had a lot of life in him for someone who went through the war. Zoey had known Mr. Frank for as long as she could remember. He knew her parents since before they were even married. They had had their first date right there in that very shop.
"Who is this gorgeous.." Frank's jaw dropped. He recognized the red hair and the glowing yellow eyes of Breeya. "Breeya?"
Zoey looked at her sister. "Yup Frank, it's Breeya, I found her about a week after the accident."
"Oh it's so good to see you again!!" Frank walked around the counter and hugged the unsuspecting girl. "I haven't seen you since the week you were born." The old man smiled a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Breeya Crescendo
Admin
Breeya Crescendo

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Breeya was quite nervous again when they landing, looking at the building suspiciously. They began walking that way, and the catgirls pace began slowing. She wA not ready to reveal herself. But she would do so for her sister if not for anything else. Her coat draped over her arms in front of her as they entered the small ice cream shop. They were many smells the girl did not recognize and she tilted her head, looking around with big yellow eyes.

She looked to see that there was one other in the shop besides them. An old man with kind eyes shielded behind glasses. Smiling timidly, her tails swished back and forth as she watched the reunion between the two. And than something unexpected happened. He knew her name. Even more confused she looke at him closely to see if she recognized him from somewhere, but was struck when she realized, she didn't remember ever meeting this man Feank before. The catgirl hugged the old man at first alarmedlh, but than, her face softened and she closed her eyes. He knew her parents. She was silent, but she didn't let go of the man.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Rockhart
Admin
Zoey Rockhart

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm

"She is a bit shy, I'm trying to give her a taste of what my life has been like. We just came from the park by the house." Zoey chatted with the old man catching up. It had been over a year since Zoey had come to get ice cream from the old man, but it was the only kind she would eat. Zoey grabbed 3 bowls and started to scoop ice cream into them. She got blackberry for herself, pumpkin for the old man, and salmon for Breeya. She had always wondered why Frank had made a salmon flavor, but he would always tell her, "It's for the cats" and he would give her a little wink. Zoey grabbed 3 spoons and stuck some cash in the cash box for the ice creams. She walked over to a table with the ice cream and had everyone sit. She handed the pumpkin to Frank and the salmon to Breeya. She smiled at her sister who looked at it funny. "Try it, you'll like it, I promise." Zoey assured her sister, as she took a spoonful of her own. "Mmm, still hasn't changed." Zoey smiled at the old man. "Best ice cream in town."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Day at the Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Park   A Day at the Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Day at the Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Genre :: Face the Music :: The Old Neighborhood-
Jump to: